Garden meeting today starts off with a compost workshop at the Gazebo. After the workshop will be dinner at House of Joy.
- Meet at Gazebo for compost workshop led by Don Cowick. Don asks that you bring a pitchfork, if you have one.
- Followed by dinner at House of Joy cooked by Bev M with Michaela, dessert by residents —
- Sauteed yellow summer & zucchini squash w/ Ground Beef or Kielbasa sausage and homemade tortillas.
- Vegetarian dish: Sauteed yellow summer & zucchini squash and potatoes.
- Water, milk or 100% fruit juice
- Dessert: cherry turnovers
MINUTES from Aug 9 garden meeting:
Attendees: Josey, Bev T, Bev M, Brenda, Brandon, Tiffany, Darlene, Molly, Sheri, Michaela, Millie, other residents and kids. Watermelon refreshments.
Meetings started with everyone looking over Don’s landscape rendering that he made according to suggestions of everyone. People would have liked Don to be there to discuss the concept but he was having a birthday elsewhere with Yevette. The coming Tuesday field trip to Aztec Ruins Heritage Gardens was planned, headcount and designated vehicles. What else did we talk about? Without Don, the minutes are pretty useless. Following watermelons, all went to the garden where Bev T talked about weeds, kids collected good weeds and pulled bad ones, ate purslane and almost ate something else that looked like purslane but wasn’t.
See you all this evening !